Saturday 12 November 2011

Terry G Insults Rapper M.I Over ‘Akpako’ Song Name

ARENADBABY

If there’s one thing controversial Nigerian pop artiste Terry G takes seriously, it has to be his music. Even though his career has been plagued by multiple disputes and fights, he has managed to make music that has sold and evidently brought him fame.
So when Nigerian commercial rapper M.I tried questioning the origin of the name of one of Terry’s hits songs ‘Akpako’, the pop act reacted negatively.
M.I had taken to his Twitter account to ask ‘Pls.. What does akpako mean?’, he didn’t stop there ‘So apparently.. Terry G alone understands the deep mysteries of akpako..’ @MI_Abaga tweeted.
It didn’t take long for Terry G to react as he was immediately tagged with the tweets by some of his 4000 plus followers. He tweeted back at M.I ‘@MI_Abaga Africa DanGba nomba 1,short dwarf,u 4 try ask me naaa,wat do u fink,chop chicken!!’.
M.I didn’t reply Terry G but one of his loyal followers ‘@Fagsam I didn’t mean any disrespect… I really didn’t know what ‘akpako’ meant.. And then everyone was like terry g terry g..’. Hours later, he tweeted ‘I have nothing but the utmost artistic and personal respect for Terry G…’.
Calls placed to Terry G weren’t answered. When we got M.I’s manager, Abuchi for the label’s position on the twitter war between the two artists but he claimed that there was no such thing and he had no idea what it was all about. ‘I’m looking  at my twitter right now and i can’t see  anything like that‘, Abuchi said.
In related news both artistes are about to drop their mixtapes before the year runs out. M.I plans to release ‘Illegal Music 2’, a follow up to ‘Illegal Music 1’ and Terry G has announced he also will be dropping his ‘Lucifer’ mixtape.

No comments:

Post a Comment